Have you had a situation where you needed to get remember a password to a website, you can see the auto-saved password but don’t know what the password is?
This easy but powerful trick will help you recover your password easily!
- Open the website that you wish to access with your username and password.
- Press F12 at the top of your keyboard.
This will open your web browser’s feature that web developers use. This will display a whole lot of code (HTML) – stay calm,
the rest is actually easy 🙂
- The next step is the one you need to concentrate on. Click the “inspect element” icon:
- In Chrome, it’s the icon that looks like a magnifying glass on the far left.
- In Firefox, it’s the “Pick an element from the page” icon to the right.
- In Internet Explorer, it the “Select Element” on the left hand side.
- Select the password field, i.e. the one that you type into with the hidden characters.
- Take a quick look at the code. Somewhere in the code is something that looks like
- Change the text to
In Chrome, this is done by double clicking on “password”, typing in “text” then pressing [Enter].
- Press F12 again and the password is now revealed!